Friday, June 8, 2007

These are a few of my favourite things…

The ocean. The weight of a child on my lap. Giving and getting kisses from the cutest kids in the world. Singing “You are my sunshine” with Mary. Getting mail from home. Pudding night on Thursdays. Making people guess how old I am and where I’m from. Arguing that Canada is different and of course superior to America. Getting calls on my cell phone. The kids telling me how big my muscles are. Being one of the tall people. Top Deck chocolate bars. Sneaking brown sugar packets off the tables at Mugg & Bean. Doing story voices at night. Hearing the kids pray. Teaching the kids what boogers and wedgies and nuggies are. Worshipping at small group. Watching the sunrise as we drive to pick up the kids in the morning. Watching lightning storms. Watching Mel learn to drive stick. Hearing Tata say my name-“Mogon”. Learning to make dinner for ten. Sweet Chili Doritios. Trying unsuccessfully to imitate a South African accent. Making the kids laugh. How the kids love buttoning up and zipping up any shirt they can, even if it’s mine 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.