Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hopes and fears:

I hope the kids like me. I hope I fit in. I hope I don't get lost in Frankfurt. I hope I see the ocean. I hope they get the funding they need. I hope I can call home. I hope I make a difference.

I'm afraid of having to say goodbye. I'm afraid of being attacked by a shark. I'm afraid of losing my camera. I'm afraid that home will change too much. I'm afraid that I will change too much.

But mostly, I am excited and overwhelmed with thoughts of it all, and learning that it is best to bring everything to the God who knows it already.

1 comment:

Maria Elyse said...

The kids will love you, even though they won't act like it all the time. I was told at least 100 times that I was not invited to their "happpiest birthday party." haha. I can relate to the shark thing, but you'll love the ocean. :)
It's a crazy house to live in. Justin and Tazz might give you a hard time, but that's just their sense of humour. They told Anne, the girl I was there with, that she had to lay down in the car in case of sniper attacks. Anyways...it was a big adjustment for me, but you'll love them all by the end of it! :)
Ah! I'm so excited for you.